More and more people are learning how to bake cakes nowadays as this is a very interesting activity. When you decide to learn how to bake, I am sure you will need the help of a mixer – it is an indispensable tool for a baker. With two types of hand-held electric mixer and stand mixer, there are a lot of brands and series on the market. You should consider buying the best hand mixer that best suits your baking needs.
The mini hand mixer has an important role in making any type of cake. This electric machine saves a lot of time and effort for the housewives when whisking the eggs, the cream, and the flour.
If you really want to make beautiful and delicious cakes, you must know how to use the hand electric mixer properly. This article will walk you through the details of how to use and preserve the mini hand electric mixer properly.
Tips For Using The Tool Properly
- Tilt the machine at the appropriate angle (45 degrees).
- After tilting the electric mixer, mount the whisk rod(s) into the machine.
- Plug the electric mixer into the socket. Start the hand electric mixer after setting the machine to the bowl of eggs and tilt the whisking rod to whisk the eggs about 45 minutes. Don’t move the mixer much; keep it still as much as possible to set the machine at rest (only the egg bowl moves).
- Most mini electric mixers have 3 types of speeds. When you first use the tool, you should start at the lowest level of speed and increase slowly to the highest level.
- During the whisking process, you should take note of the speed problem: no sudden rise and rise when you raise the speed.
Whisking Eggs Process For Baking
This is an important process and you should be careful to do as the steps of the guide.
- Sugar should be added to the egg bowl when the egg is puffy and smooth. Do not pour all the sugar in the bowl at one time. You have to do that at a slow speed, and then whisk it until the sugar dissolves.
- Do things in order: pour in eggs first and then add sugar, smooth sifted flour and finally vanilla and butter. You shouldn’t put too much floor in the bowl because that will make the cake tough and dry.
- Lastly, it is baking. Baking temperature is 180 degrees C. Before pouring the mixture into aluminum pans, you should apply a thin layer of butter to the pan.
- The required time for preheating the oven before putting the pan in is about 15 minutes. Baking time depends on the size of the cake.
- To save time and effort for kneading the dough smoothly, put all the ingredients, such as seasoning powders, flour, egg and water into the bowl, then put the rod in and start the machine.
- Whipping cream and butter is similar to whisking eggs.
Cleaning Hand Electric Mixer:
The whisking rods, mixing rods should be cleaned immediately before using the tool for the first time.
Before cleaning the electric mixer, you should turn it off, unplug it from the socket, and remove the rods.
To clean the whisking and mixing rods, you need to use the dishwashing liquid mixed with hot water as this can clean all lodged impurities in the grooves of these parts. After the washing process is completed, you should place the parts in a cool and dry place.
For the body, you should use a warm cloth to dry the outside. Remember: do not let water fall into the machine parts because it can affect the operation of the machine and is not safe for you.
Knowing how to use, clean, and store the mini hand-held electric mixer properly can save you a lot of cost and effort when baking.
About Shana Eaton
I have 6 years experience about Kitchen & Dining, Cooking… I’m the founder of HandMixerCenter.com. My goal in doing so is to connect people to resources they can utilize to their advantage.